|Tues - Fri
St. Brigid’s church dates from 1803. The parish priest at the time of its building was Fr. John Blanchfield, and the tower, of cut granite, was added by Fr. Patrick Morrin (P. P. 1836 – 1855)
This church replaced a temporary thatched chapel on the Fair Green, which had doubled as a threshing shed for local farmers.
Noteworthy features inside the church include a granite holy-water font at the entrance, which was made by a local stone-cutter, Thomas Byrne of Ballysallagh (1865-1945), a fragment of a 17th-century stone cross, which is all that now remains of the original Catholic church on Church Hill, and a baptismal font, originally purchased around 1850, replaced in the 1960s, and restored and renovated by the initiative of the present pastor, Fr. Jim McCormack.